Purpose and Priorities
The primary function of the Government Relations Committee (GRC) is to promote the mission of CalTravel through engagement in the public policy development process on behalf of its membership.
Our advocacy priorities for 2018 were:
- Promote California as a visitor destination
- Facilitate travel to and within California
- Support responsible long-term development projects that directly impact the travel industry
- Protect the travel and tourism industry from unnecessary costs of doing business
- Ensure an equal playing field for fair competition in a rapidly changing industry
- Support legislation that enhances and improves the overall visitor experience throughout California
The legislative session ended September 30. Here is a report of the final results of the bills that CalTravel engaged on.
See CalTravel’s GRC Charter here.
See CalTravel’s Speaking Points here. This is a handy summary for meetings with your legislators, member outreach, etc.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please email Barb Newton, email@example.com.
2018 CalTravel letters:
2017 CalTravel letters: