Group Sales Director
Reports to: Director, Marketing & Sales
Status: Fulltime Exempt, Bonus Eligible
JOB FUNCTIONS SUMMARY:
The Group Sales Director manages a group of five Sales Executives to meets and exceeds attendance and revenue goals by soliciting, closing and managing sales and event accounts. Engages in professional and timely client communication while promoting a variety of park entertainment opportunities, including company picnics and functions, concerts and special events. Creates innovative and new ways to generate park attendance and sell existing product. Tracks and analyzes sales trends and prospects new business. Performs related event organizational work as required. Maintains current knowledge of competitive markets and industry best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Strong direct sales experience/knowledge.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage expense and revenue budgets.
- Clear understanding and experience with multiple sales channel business models (Business-to-Business, Tour and Travel, Youth and Special Markets).
- Strong sense of professional integrity.
- Demonstrated sales management experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Skilled presenter and/or facilitator.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by business and account demands.
- Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and knowledge of CRM systems.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- 20% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment. Other duties may be assigned.
To be considered for this position, please email resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Reference Group Sales Director in the subject line.
We support a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
California’s Great America is an Equal Opportunity Employer