Interested in becoming a CalTravel member? Please contact Reena Evenson, 424.442.0119, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Download our Rate Card: 2018-19 CalTravel Membership Rate Card
At-Large Director Requirements
Each year, CalTravel seeks 6-8 At-Large Directors who fit one or more of the following criteria:
- Leader of an individual advocacy association involved in California tourism
- Influential voice in the tourism industry
- Representative of regions, industries, or perspectives that might otherwise be under-represented on the Board of Directors
- Individual who has made and continues to make significant personal contributions to CalTravel’s mission
- Up-to-date membership in CalTravel, plus $500 annual board assessment fee
- Attendance at quarterly board meetings
- Participation in CalTravel activities
Terms begin with the annual all-member meeting held each fall in conjunction with the CalTravel Summit. Association At-Large Directors have no term limits. Other At-Large Directors are nominated for a two-year term, with the potential for one back-to-back consecutive renewal. Member organizations may have only one representative on the board. Gold member companies have an automatic seat.
If you are interested in applying for an At-Large Director seat, please email Barb Newton, email@example.com, with a note explaining your fit to the criteria.